Re: Wiki cleanup

Hello,

On 07/12/2009 12:44 PM, wonderer wrote:
> Hy,
>> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing_tasks: I'd like to archive
>> this page, in the new cycle we have simply added a "current tasks"
>> table to https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing_F12_schedule which
>> serves the same purpose. I have transferred all the tasks which are
>> still alive from the old page to the new one, but please have a look
>> and tweak it as you like.
> Is it possible to diferentiate those a bit mor structureable? maybe let
> the "Frontpage" Marketing_tasks and then diferentiate to past , actual
> and future tasks. Also I think there will be allways ongoing tasts that
> could stay on the Marketing_tasts page...

I changed the title on the F12 schedule page, it should be clearer now. This "General tasks not tied to a particular Fedora release cycle" will be ported to every new cycle by me when I cycle the pages. The old page really didn't work simply because nobody clicked on the link, thus nobody worked on the tasks.

>> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/LinuxUserGroups : does this page still
>> make sense? Archive?
>   -1 !
> Linux User Groups all around the world are (in my opinion) most of the
> community based structures outside Fedora itself. They have a lot of
> potential and even if there are strictly a marketing issue it can be one
> part of it...

I was just looking at this page, which hasn't been updated in ages. So I'm not sure it is even useful. Note that it isn't really a marketing page, it's just linked from our section. I'll leave it alone.

>> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing_brain_dump : does this page
>> still make sense? It looks like we are using the mailinglist for that...
> Hmm, i think sometimes a mailinglist is good, sometimes a wiki. That
> depends on the task...

Anyone else has comments on this one?

I'm already going to archive these pages for now:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/UserTestimonials
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing_tasks
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing_surveys

Thanks