Re: Why would I want Fedora?

Hi,

On 05/15/2009 05:00 PM, Mathieu Bridon (bochecha) wrote:
How about;
"Fedora is similar to proprietary operating systems like
  Microsoft Windows and provides an easy and powerful graphical
  environment, office suite, games and more. It is a secure and virus-free
experience with brand new releases full of major improvements every six
months all for free (both in terms of cost, and ability to change the
underlying code to suit your own needs)."

Isn't it similar to *BSD too ?

"Fedora is an Operating System, just like Microsoft Windows, Apple Mac
OS X or<insert as many as you want, keeping in mind that too few can
hurt people and too much will bore the reader>  ... "

There's one thing that is concerning me.

When I submitted a game package in fedora, I had a description similar
to "this game is in the style of<name of a commercial game>" and I
was told to remove the reference to a commercial trademark not owned
by the Fedora Project as it could cause legal issues.

Aren't we in a similar case by writing this kind of stuff on our wiki page ?

IMO we should NOT use comparisons, the moment you start to do this, you acknowledge that you are a follower instead of a leader. Fedora is what it is, a full OS that you can use for millions of things and this is how we should market it.

Steven