Re: Picture book....

Doug Berry wrote:

Apparently we do not need to enhance them
passed say 300 dpi and not the higher figures
I have been quoting. And 300 dpi is nothing,
you could probably enhance most web graphics
to that and they would be okay.

Not quite web graphics, the web graphics are still focused on 1024x768 displays, which is under 1 Megapixel. But 1600x1200 (2MP) is not that far.

300 dpi may well be obtainable with the
typical digital camera. So that means most
of the photos we get will be usable. Of course,
in a way, that may present additional problems:
we may get swamped.

This is why I asked originally about how we plan to make a selection.

So, tell you what. It Xmas week next week.
everyone will be out this weekend, in the
malls. Wander into Borders or Barnes and
look at some of the photo and coffee table
books they have. Maybe we would want to go
bigger, or square? What do you think?

I think a square format may be interesting: we can equally fit images in both portrait and landscape orientation.