Re: statistics about marketing list users?

Mathieu Bridon (bochecha) wrote:
Well, getting the data is the hard part, I was questioning here...
- the list of subscribers is not something to give away easily,
otherwise it will be a delight for spammers;

What about EKG ?
http://www.michaeldehaan.net/?p=740

Well, of course there are ways to get data, I have access to the list of subscribers where I am moderator...

Here's an example of what it can do:
http://people.fedoraproject.org/~mdehaan/files/ekg/nov2007_oct_13_2008.html

You can't make any assumption from domain names, for example we have here people with @rh addresses who are not developers and Red Hat employees using not @rh addresses for the community lists.

- supposedly you get a list, how you can tell which ones are
"developers"? cross-check with the build system? with FAS? What if the
developers submit the code only upstream or downstream?