Re: counting packages (was Re: Fedora Package Status of Aug 12, 2008)

And I think some of the binaries may be repeated for certain arches,
right? But to me, saying "10,000" isn't disingenuous. It's simple and effective and essentially truthful. And it's what users can get, which
is the central issue.

How does our terminology compare to other distributions? I know this is a metric that's used from time to time to make comparisons, and it seems to me that the best thing to do would be to use the same measure.

Jon