Re: New Content for fedoraproject.org

On Thu, 1 May 2008, Juan Camilo Prada wrote:

So as discussed in the meeting, some leadership is needed in order to
accomplish that... that is why i want some people here in the marketing
team to help on it... we will be deciding what we think the website
should be. Making this decisions doesn't mean that that is exactly what
should appear on the site, but will give us an idea on what the website
should be for (remember that the website is a tool for promoting the
project and so far it is not doing it in the best way).

Is it not?

I think there's this assumption that the current Fedora website is terribly useless. But I look at the front page of fedoraproject.org, and I see *exactly* what I think I *should* see.

If others disagree, it is a relatively simple thing to produce a mockup and say "this is *my* vision."

Unfortunately, websites are ideal targets for bikeshed arguments. And I think that's what we've had, over and over.

I'm reminded of something one of my creative writing professors said as we critiqued one another's work: "If everybody has the same complaint, you need to fix it -- but if everyone has different complaints, you can safely ignore all of them."

--g

--
Greg DeKoenigsberg
Community Development Manager