Re: Generic Fedora Poster Designs for Events

Dull ... or powerful? :) At the very least, consistent. And recognizable.

http://images.businessweek.com/ss/07/06/0628_reputation/source/2.htm

http://www.moma.org/collection/printable_view.php?object_id=79809

Valent Turkovic wrote:
On Feb 7, 2008 9:02 PM, John Adams <joadams@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I think these look great.  I really like the idea of breaking down the
message into the three distinct stories (although I admittedly haven't
read the copy too closely yet).  From a brand manager's perspective, I
would agree with the suggestion to revisit the background colors.  I
would recommend staying close to the Fedora "core" brand colors: blue,
black and white.  If the intent is to use these at events, and it's
possible that the three posters would exist side-by-side, think about
the *STRONG* brand statement that would make ... even from far away /
across the ballroom.

JQA

Please don't make it just blue, or bluish. if it is low contrast it
won't catch peoples eyes. I personally like colors Mairin choose, and
I understand your brand color issue but too strict branding rules
sometimes have opposite effect to the brand (dull looking) IMO.

Cheers,
Valent.

--
John Q. Adams