Re: Fedora 9 Marketing plan?

Colby Hoke wrote:
Karsten 'quaid' Wade wrote:
On Sat, 2008-02-02 at 19:00 -0600, Mike McGrath wrote:
I was wondering not only about what we're going to say but how we're
going
to say it.  How are we going to get people to know about the features
in
our alpha?

+1

That is the crux of the subject of this thread.  We are working on a
plan, yes, and it has already missed the first deadline.  Unfortunately,
when setting the schedule for the marketing plan, we focused on the
final release.  This is typical thinking that applies to RHEL, for
example, where we do not advertise the beta/release candidates.

Jon - perhaps you want to turn what you wrote into a press release
format?  We can then run it by the PR gurus and ask them to actually
release it to businesswire, etc.

- Karsten
Which deadline would that be?

Unfortunately, I'm stuck doing things for FUDCon and JBoss World right now, so my attention is split - with very little left over for Fedora at this time. I'd invite anyone to check out http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing/Tasks and pick something up to help us out.

Maybe make a page for suggestions or link the release notes to us? Anything would be appreciated.

Well, I'm currently unable to even do anything to the linked page right now... maybe it's me, but it looks like fedoraproject.org is reeeeeaallly slow today.

I tried updating stuff from John, but I keep timing out. Bah!

--
Colby A. Hoke

Corporate Marketing
[ Producer ]