Re: Fedora Life Cycle

Actually, I'm still working the kernel bug that broke the VESA driver that we opened when the Dell 745 first shipped. I believe that desktop gets EOLed in the next month or so. The Disk driver to SATA get off of BIOS compatibility mode came two quarters into the machine's life cycle. The RHEL 5 driver update to get rid of the SATA timeouts on start-up won't ship till after the machine is gone at this rate.

So, yes quarterly updates should, in theory solve the problem.
In practice, they are necessary, but not sufficient.

-Bill

----

William Cattey
Linux Platform Coordinator