Re: F8 graphics for marketing

Máirín Duffy wrote:

These look AWESOME! Great work!

Eh, they are pretty basic: only your background and a logo put on top of it :p

The only thing I would comment on is the banding in the background image (the buttons look fine but it's noticeable in the banners on my monitor)... we could Gimp the bg up a bit to make the gradients smoother? The way I did that for the non-wallpaper artwork was to add some noise using HSV Scatter i think, then using a light gaussian blur.

I am fully aware about banding, it was introduced mostly because the PNG are indexed, you know, size matters for web display, you can't have the original PNG with truecolor at 32.6 KB as a banner... maybe I'll try the JPEG format.

If I have time tonight I'll play with the banner designs a bit. They look great though, just that one technical issue.

Well, I tried mostly to bait the people here in an useful discussion to get a single slogan for F8 (not a hundred as before) and maybe a concrete list with what graphics are needed.