Re: Fwd: Has fedora lost its charm ? ? ?

Paul W. Frields wrote:
On Mon, 2007-04-30 at 07:49 +0100, Jonathan Roberts wrote:
Looking at Ubuntu 7.04 tour I'd say these look like the major
additions to Ubuntu:

*Windows migration tool

I don't think it will be long before you see this in Fedora; the
fuse-libs, ntfs-3g and ntfsprogs are present on the Live CD I tried, and
I'd bet they're on the general-purpose DVD spin as well.  This is a pet
issue I briefly stumped for -- it would be great to be able to include
modules in firstboot to offer users the ability to migrate content
(email, bookmarks, etc.) from an existing Windows partition into
appropriate Fedora apps.

I did look at this btw. The tool in Ubuntu is based on the debian packaging system and cannot be easily ported to Fedora. We probably need to write something from scratch which is a pity.

Rahul