Re: expanding Fedora user base

Mohd Izhar Firdaus Ismail wrote:

<OT>
ei?? .. suddenly this thread become another mascot discussion thread
:P  .. perhaps we really do need a mascot coz since that topic came up
everyone looks so happy & excited with it + I want more fedora-related
artworks @ gnome-look .. its a pity that almost all wallpapers in
gnome-look are ubuntu stuff
</OT>

We hope to have our own place to host and share artwork (and why not multimedia content):
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/Communication

what I see so far  Fedora seems to attract tinkerers and serious
people (business, tech experts, etc)  rather common people .. I
believe thats what Rick meant by "warm and fuzzy" .. we need to have
more marketing resources  (presentations, videos, , handouts , etc)
targeted to this type of people who are dont really mind about the
technical details behind fedora

Some of the solutions proposed for hosting an Art community would suit other formats beside graphics (ccHost), so maybe having such an infrastructure would stimulate people to provide content.