Re: Mascot - Blue Arrara

Dimitris Glezos wrote:
O/H Nicu Buculei έγραψε:
Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
Some more thoughts:
- birds are associated with "brainless" in some cultures. Parrots are
worse as they add "ornemental" (and mean) to the mix
Around here is an insult to call someone "parrot". But in my
understanding, *any* symbol you use, in some part of the world it will
have a negative connotation.

+1. In greek calling one a parrot means he repeats things he hears without
knowing what they mean (like students copying book paragraphs in exams). I'm
afraid we'll probably have to make a compromise at some point. :)

Hehe, this is part of the reason why I started drawing aliens. Of course now that I think about it, aliens can have some pretty bad connotations too (abducting people, wreaking havoc for farmers with crop circles, etc.) ;)

FWIW I am very impressed with the progress on the mascots, it looks like we have some very nice options.

~m