Re: Mascot - Blue Arrara

Nicolas Mailhot wrote:

Some more thoughts:
- birds are associated with "brainless" in some cultures. Parrots are
worse as they add "ornemental" (and mean) to the mix

Around here is an insult to call someone "parrot". But in my understanding, *any* symbol you use, in some part of the world it will have a negative connotation.

- most of the proposals are overly complex or reliant on colours. The
mascot must scale gracefully to low-resolution media or those where each
used colour costs (CDs, T-shirts). That's why successful mascots like Tux
or the Java guy are designed to degrade gracefully in monochrome low-res
outline mode

I kinda disagree, the proposals we got so far are mostly black and white sketches, without having yet colors added, so we may evolve them in such a direction.

One thing I like about Rodrigo's Arrara: for small size display (like a favicon or web button) we can use only the head, without the rest of the body.