Re: Re: Big decisions loom for Fedora

chasd wrote:
At our company, we have found that phone conferences are very productive, but unless there is a transcriptionist, what each person takes away from that conversation isn't always the same. And the contents of the conversation is not available to those not on the conference call.

Slap down a digital voice recorder next to the phone speaker and post an OGG later.

See https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-advisory-board/2006-November/msg00206.html

I think we found a happy go between by using #fedora-board IRC channel to have a running commentary on the discussions to a appropriate level of detail and getting input from community folks to continue the phone conversations. This worked out pretty well for the summit itself and I think we will continue that process for the future board meetings too.

( I think there has been a great deal of progress FC5 => FC6 _outside_ of the versions on the packages that are on the discs ) Speed isn't that important to me because Fedora will never be "done" - there isn't really a finish line.

Precisely. It would be good to hear what progress you think we have made though. At the organizational level, the package versions arent really interesting. Every Fedora release will progress over the previous one with packages anyway. What's important is the other changes we make which is why the next release of Fedora is going to be pretty important even if the end product ends up being a conservative set of changes this time.

Rahul