Re: Legally correct term.

Christopher Aillon wrote:
Rahul Sundaram wrote:

We dont call the distribution "Fedora Linux". We currently call it "Fedora Core". There is currently a discussion about merging core and extras (http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraSummit) and the new name post merger hasnt been decided yet but "Fedora" and "Fedora Linux" are potential candidates.

Currently you can call it Fedora Core™ but I would avoid the "TM" in normal references. The logo doesnt have any registered trademarks associated with it and the names are more casual.

Just because the logo or names aren't registered does not mean they can't have the trademark symbol. (R) is registered trademark. TM is (unregistered) trademark. And we certainly do have a trademark on Fedora, Fedora Core, etc. and enforce our trademarks. Our marks should not be treated casually. They are among the most important things we own.

When I was talking about logo, I was referring to the name "Infinity" as being a casual one. Not the logo itself which already has the guidelines associated with them.

Rahul