Re: Community - Was - Ubuntu Release Party...

Karlie Robinson wrote:

End users don't read much = RTFM

Sorry. Its not. It wasnt what I meant anyway.

It's an attitude that's not helpful to users who may have troubles regardless of how much they've read.

For a analogy, lets say someone says that feature X should exist. Would pointing to him or her that such a feature already exists be RTFM? I dont think so. Do you find it hard to believe that users dont actually read much documentation? Perhaps a few good looks at usability studies or talking to people who work on documentation would convince you of that.

> Imagine if there was a 4th icon on the desktop by default. Call it > > Help, or Getting Started that opened up a directory with options for
>  IRC help, Manual pages, Forum Help etc

Do you believe that this is going to be more discoverable than the menu entry for help which provides exactly that?

> To this day, *I DO NOT USE FEDORA* on my Linux box simply because I do > not want to deal with the community should I have questions.

Seems to be based on a incorrect assumption. Fedora questions on fedora-list and fedoraforums are usually answered pretty well. This list is for contributors.

Rahul