Re: Re: Community - Was - Ubuntu Release Party...

Sam Folk-Williams wrote:
On Sun, 2006-11-12 at 09:38 +0100, Nicola Losito wrote:

As I've said in a previous mail i was thinking about our projects Wiki
which - for me - must be the primary resource for anything Fedora,
even if at first stages it will work as a bookmark to other's
resources.

It would require changes to the infrastructure and integrate the account systems into the wiki. Thats a lot of work and is being tracked at http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure/AccountSystem2. If you are interested, talk to the infrastructure team about that.

This would be a good time for a plug to the knowledge base idea. This
was recently raised on the docs list and I am a strong advocate. A kbase
could allow for easier submission of targeted tips and how-tos. Then we
could pull from here into "tip of the day"

That's how Red Hat magazine gets it's tips section - from the
kbase.redhat.com site...

Rahul - I know you discussed this in the past in regards to Klear in
particular. Can we revive this?

PHP is a no go in fedoraproject.org. If you want to stick with clear, we can perhaps talk about getting it installed in fedoranews.org instead. If you want to stick with fedoraproject.org, we need to find a good Free software solution to it, preferably python based. Maybe Plone has a add on.

Rahul