Re: [Fedora-marketing-list] Next-release plans on the frontpage

Dimitris Glezos wrote:

We could consider though including something "lighter" than the actual release
summary, right?

In the front page before the release is made? I have planned it long back but I havent had much help from anyone here before when I asked. See http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FC6LaunchMediaPlan.

It's not a bad idea to have something like "What we are currently cooking".
GNOME goes a step further and includes such a section even in it's release notes:

  http://www.gnome.org/start/2.14/notes/en/rnlookingforward.html

Cooking something doesn't mean it will actually be served. Hell, it might get
even burnt. =)

We frequently dont have much information about the next release but I dont mind listing a few things that we things we are about to do. For FC7,

Reducing the size of Fedora Core. KDE in Extra among other things.
Network Manager by default
Unifying Core and Extras repository
{insert other plans here}

I think this is cool (from a marketing perspective), it motivates users to
expect something, to actually look forward to the next version. We could start
with something not very specific/promising and as the test versions are released
become more specific. Besides, by the time of test3 things become pretty solid.

-dim

After test3 release yes but Leon's complaint as I understand it was that we dont have any information about FC6 *right now* in the frontpage which is think might be a bit premature.

Rahul