Re: [Fedora-marketing-list] Interesting Article

Gian Paolo Mureddu wrote:

In my opinion Ubuntu is more targeted towards the new users, it has
many functions "dumbed" down for users, even if these
"simplifications" come at the cost of security (sudo, anyone?), and it
has also a large userbase because of this.

I wouldnt call sudo by default a big security tradeoff but we can do better. See
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-extras-list/2006-July/msg00814.html

Fedora on the other hand,
is more targeted toward the "enthusiastic" users or "Linux power
users" (without it being Debian).

That has been the case historically. I would like this to change.

 Also Ubuntu has a larger lifespan
than Fedora, alas, (if I understand correctly)

For the usual Ubuntu releases, the life cycle is 1.5 years which is not that different from Fedora especially when considering Fedora Legacy.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/LifeCycle

Rahul