Re: [Fedora-marketing-list] Derivate distributions and GPL

O/H Rahul έγραψε:
I think we should make it trivially easy to rebrand Fedora and look at colloborating with derivative distributions.The form of colloboration is not necessarily any sort of legal or business agreements but merely working arrangements that help us understand what the derivatives or doing and see if we can help out in mutually beneficial ways.

This is more and more important as there is a means to start treating Fedora as a big base of packages which people do interesting things from rather than just a consumer package.

+1. Many distributions (derivatives or not) produce useful tools and ideas which could be used in Fedora, without re-inventing the wheel (this is, besides, the whole idea of FOSS). Also, Fedora could provide them with arrangements that could be useful for them.

We should strive to see developers of derivative distributions as collaborators and lower the barrier of collaboration as much as possible.

-dim

--
Dimitris Glezos
Jabber ID: glezos@xxxxxxxxxx, PGP: 0xA5A04C3B