Re: [Fedora-marketing-list] Fedora Wallpapers

Marc Wiriadisastra wrote:

What makes the cut?  I'm not trying to be stupid here but having someone
dictate what kind of wallpaper is allowed or not provided, it meets the
extras requirement, should be allowed.

I agree with you that somebodies wallpapers are not my taste.  However,
it might be someone else's taste.  I personally don't like censorship in
some cases.  Obviously pornography and the like if thats allowed in
warnings should be displayed but if not I understand completely.

I was not trying to argue for censorship, I am very vocal about it (you can find online references of me arguing *for* legit uses of the nazi flag or nudity), I was arguing for quality and diversity over quantity.

Have a look at http://www.fedoraforum.org/gallery/browseimages.php?c=2
Would you want a package with all those images? How about instead a collection with 100 or 50 of the images with the largest user ratings?

Barring extreme cases I would welcome more wallpapers in some way.
Naming conventions will be a bit wierd but diversity is what we are
after I would have thought.

For me the ideal scenario would be the old idea of Background Channels http://www.gnome.org/~clarkbw/blog/GNOME/background_channels with some channels provided by a hypotetic art.fedoraproject.org website

--
nicu