Re: Fedora Media Project (was: Re: New Member introduction)

On Wed, 29 Mar 2006, Clair wrote:

On Wednesday 29 March 2006 21:30, Max Spevack wrote:
Is it really special treatment?  Special treatment, in my mind, would be
putting a vendor to the top of the list because they offered us a
kickback.  Special treatment implies "shady dealings".  I don't see this
proposal as being special treatment at all.  Karlie is voluteering to
offer a service that *none* of the other vendors are offering, and we are
acknowledging that.  It's not like she is the *only* vendor who can do
this.  Wouldn't it be wonderful if all of our vendors believed so strongly
in Fedora that they wanted to do the same thing?

Ah, but until recently one of the vendors was also giving away free media.

I did not know that. In what way did we differentiate them from the other vendors who were not?

--Max

--
Max Spevack <mspevack{at}redhat.com>                 gpg key: mspevack.asc
http://people.redhat.com/mspevack/                  fingerprint: 5A17 CF21