Re: Feedback on Fedora Core 4 test 2 review

Hi

I am surprised about your comment that "Red Hat never produced a
distribution that directly targeted the desktop market." Prior to the
death of the Red Hat Linux line, it seems to me that in what you used to
ship - three distributions: standard, deluxe, and professional - the
standard version was clearly targeted at home and desktop users due to
its low price point and presence in every retail software shop. It seems
to me that saying that this was not targeted towards the desktop is
somewhat revisionist.

You definitely have a point there. I dont have any extensive knowledge of the above distributions but as I understand it those werent polished or geared up for desktop users. The key point is not tie up a means of distribution ( retail sales) to targetted market (desktop)

Thanks for taking the time to read my review, and I'll look forward to
future Red Hat and Fedora Core release, as always.

I would love to read more of such articles including quick previews of test releases

I believe that you
were the one through whom I received the pre-release of RHEL 4.0 that I
also reviewed for LinuxPlanet a while ago, and hope to be able to
evaluate future versions of your products as well.

No. That wasnt me but please do review anything that you can get your hands on neverthless ;-). If you require any clarifications before doing any reviews do feel free to ask. Even on instances where I wouldnt be aware of it I would dig out information on a best effort basis

regards
Rahul