Re: Gnome Software

On Sun, 2016-09-18 at 18:52 +0200, Andrea Musuruane wrote:
> You MUST run appstream-util validate-relax (in %check or %install)
> and
> have BuildRequires: libappstream-glib, to help ensure .appdata.xml
> file safety and spec-compliance:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:AppData#app-data-validate_us
> age
>
> This is likely the cause of the problem you are facing.
Why is this the likely cause of the problem? The appdata.xml validates
fine. Does this mean that something special is noted in the rpm when
the check is run? If so why do packagers need to run it manually? Why
not just make this automatically done when an appdata.xml file is
spotted?

(I do plan on fixing this since it was pointed out for ostrichriders.
It just seems unlikely to me that this is the problem. I'd rather not
put out a new release only to put out a new release again with the
actual fix.)

> You MUST use $RPM_OPT_FLAGS as flags for the compiler or linker!!!
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:RPMMacros?rd=Packaging/RPMMa
> cros#Build_flags_macros_and_variables

On the page it says "These macros should be used as flags for the
compiler or linker." If you must use those flags, the text should be
changed and you should link to it from other pages explaining how to
build rpms.

--
Dennis Payne
dulsi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx