Re: Gnome Software

On Sun, Sep 18, 2016 at 1:57 PM, Dennis Payne
<dulsi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> After Bt Builder was approved, I expected to be able to search for it
> in Gnome Software. So far that hasn't been the case. Is there some
> delay before it is updated? Have I done something wrong in my appdata
> file?

I had a glance at the spec file.
http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/cgit/rpms/btbuilder.git/tree/btbuilder.spec

You MUST run appstream-util validate-relax (in %check or %install) and
have BuildRequires: libappstream-glib, to help ensure .appdata.xml
file safety and spec-compliance:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:AppData#app-data-validate_usage

This is likely the cause of the problem you are facing.

Anyway there are other issues in your spec file.

You MUST Requires: hicolor-icon-theme since you put files in
%{_datadir}/icons/hicolor/

You MUST use $RPM_OPT_FLAGS as flags for the compiler or linker!!!
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:RPMMacros?rd=Packaging/RPMMacros#Build_flags_macros_and_variables

You are compiling only with "-g":
https://kojipkgs.fedoraproject.org//packages/btbuilder/0.5.11/2.fc26/data/logs/x86_64/build.log

All this issues should have been reported during the package review
:-( Please fix them.

Bye,

Andrea