Self-Introduction: Justin W. Flory (jflory7)

Hello everyone,

Here's a short introduction of myself to the rest of the SIG or interested members.

== Background ==

I've been a Fedora user since Fedora 20, near the end of 2013. I originally came to use Fedora to help improve my own skills managing CentOS machines that I was using for running Minecraft game servers. Fedora was my first Linux operating system and it helped introduce me to several other topics and areas throughout my time using it. Ultimately, the entire reason I began using Linux was both directly and indirectly related to gaming. As a result, it's always been a high passion of mine and something I've wanted to see develop and grow in Fedora.

== Experience as contributor ==

I've been actively contributing to Fedora since October 2015. I am currently the lead for the Community Operations (CommOps) team…

    https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/CommOps

…and also the Marketing team for the time being.

    https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing

In addition to these areas, I am also a Fedora Ambassador, helping represent Fedora at events and conferences across the US East Coast. I am involved with the Join SIG to help on-board new contributors, a member of the Diversity team, and a Fedora Infrastructure apprentice. I am also currently running for a seat on the Fedora Council.

https://communityblog.fedoraproject.org/council-elections-interview-justin-w-flory-jflory7/

== How I can help ==

My interest in the SIG is mostly as a non-technical contributor. I have experience managing game servers and some game development for other software (like the SpigotMC project for Minecraft). I hope to be able to offer my skills as a Community Operations and Marketing team member to help illuminate the work happening in this SIG, promote Fedora as an ideal environment for gaming and also creating games, and help showcase the games in Fedora to others. And maybe a little bit of world domination mixed in too...

I'm looking forward to hearing from and seeing others interested in the SIG and what their interests in contributing may be. :) Thanks all!

--
Cheers,
Justin W. Flory