Re: port of game-data-packager to Fedora

Hi,

Le 2 nov. 2015 10:43 AM, "Alexandre Detiste" <alexandre.detiste@xxxxxxxxx> a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> My redhat/fedora skills were a bit rusty (1998-rusty),
> so as an exercice I dediced to port to fedora
> the game-data-packager Debian native project I'm working on.
>
> So far, so good, it's already mostly done.
>
> https://github.com/a-detiste/game-data-packager/commits/fedora
>
> That will provide Fedora recipes to automaticaly build noarch .rpm
> for currently about 200 games; one of my goal is to cover
> all versions of all scummvm games.
>
> It can also download shareware data for doom, quake, descent... games.
>
> http://pkg-games.alioth.debian.org/game-data/
>
> Of course it would be better to have real Fedora users that test this;
> not only someone that run a minimal install on a container.
> (chocolate-doom works over "ssh -X" !)
>
> For example I already spotted that fedora "dynamite" package
> is lacking id-shr-extract program; but "wolf4sdl" is also not packaged,
> so this is not a problem.
>
> https://sources.debian.net/src/dynamite/0.1.1-2/src/id-shr-extract.c/
>

> Of course, I realize it could be against Fedora policy (it's also not in Debian proper,
> but in contrib)...

Yeah, non-libre games are not allowed in Fedora, and a software that only provides download link to non-libre softwares are not allowed.

But there is an other repo, unofficial, but well maintened and used: rpmfusion.

For now, all the infrastructure is in movement, and the review will take a bit of time, but try it.

Others infos could be found here: rpmfusion.org

Alexandre