Re: port of game-data-packager to Fedora

I think the best is contact to rpmfusion list for package that aren't according to fedora policy. Many games are on rpmfusion free and nonfree repository for this reason.

It will be awesome have more games available in Fedora. Great work.

http://rpmfusion.org/

Hi,

My redhat/fedora skills were a bit rusty (1998-rusty),
so as an exercice I dediced to port to fedora
the game-data-packager Debian native project I'm working on.

So far, so good, it's already mostly done.

https://github.com/a-detiste/game-data-packager/commits/fedora

That will provide Fedora recipes to automaticaly build noarch .rpm
for currently about 200 games; one of my goal is to cover
all versions of all scummvm games.

It can also download shareware data for doom, quake, descent... games.

http://pkg-games.alioth.debian.org/game-data/

Of course it would be better to have real Fedora users that test this;
not only someone that run a minimal install on a container.
(chocolate-doom works over "ssh -X" !)

For example I already spotted that fedora "dynamite" package
is lacking id-shr-extract program; but "wolf4sdl" is also not packaged,
so this is not a problem.

https://sources.debian.net/src/dynamite/0.1.1-2/src/id-shr-extract.c/

Of course, I realize it could be against Fedora policy (it's also not in Debian proper,
but in contrib)...

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SIGs/Games#List_of_games_we_will_NOT_package

There's also a handfull of DFSG games supported, like "Soltys" & "Dracie Historie";
and DreamWeb that is distributable.

Greets,

Alexandre Detiste

Claudio Rodrigo Pereyra Diaz