Re: testing fedora redeclipse 1.3.1 packaging

Hi testers and gamesers!

The latest version (1.3.1) of Red Eclipse has been brewing in testing
for quite a while now (and upstream is already planning for a soonish
1.4), and I was wondering if there would be anyone interesting in poking
it a bit and see if it can get pushed into updates.

I'm copy-pasting an older post with testing hints below, these should
still apply to this new version.

On Sun, 2012-06-03 at 16:21 +0200, Martin Erik Werner wrote:

> <snip>
>
> There are some basic testing hints at:
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/How_to_test_updates
> I'm not sure what the process is with a new package, and if using a
> clean system is a necessity... I'm not at all very familiar with the
> Fedora process, as it were.
>
> If I would do a rough checklist myself:
>
> 1. Test installing and uninstalling of all packages:
>  $ yum install redeclipse redeclipse-server redeclipse-data cube2font
>  $ yum remove redeclipse redeclipse-server redeclipse-data cube2font
> 2. Check if the game client runs, can play offline, and play on the main
> online server:
>  $ redeclipse
>  $ redeclipse -x"dm bath"
>  $ redeclipse -x"connect play.redeclipse.net"
>
> 3. Test if the game server runs and is accessible via the master
> server:
>    - Mind that a server connected to the master (for a longer time)
> should follow some guidelines, and will be community-moderated, c.f.
> http://redeclipse.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/redeclipse/guidelines.txt
>    - Default ports for RE are 28801-28802
>  $ redeclipse-server -x"sv_serverdesc $USER testserver"
>  $ redeclipse -x"showgui servers"
>    - Try to connect to your own server via the master server list
>
> 4. Check that server config examples docs, and manpages exist:
>  $ ls /usr/share/doc/redeclipse/examples/
>  $ man redeclipse
>  $ man redeclipse-server
>  $ man cube2font
>
> 5. Check that cube2font can make a font:
>    $ cube2font /usr/share/fonts/dejavu/DejaVuSans.ttf default 3 19 1 1
> 49 49 512 512 32 64 packages/fonts
>
> 6. Check that redeclipse has a correctly scaled icon, and a desktop
> entry, as would be expected in your desktop manager.
>
> 7... Anything else you can think of that I missed ;)
>
> <snip>

Thanks

--
Martin Erik Werner <martinerikwerner@xxxxxxxxx>