Re: Games Spin Status

Bruno Wolff III wrote:
The Spin SIG meeting was held today and this has a couple of impacts on
the games spin.

For the alpha release it was decided to keep the iso's under 4 GiB. This
will be looked at again before the beta. I took a look at package sizes
and I either needed to get rid of one large game or many other non-game
packages. And at this point removing one game seems like a better option.
The game I have selected to remove for the alpha (pending my spin compose
test coming in under 4 GiB) is openarena. Of the large games it seemed
to be the one that was similar to other games and hence most expendable.

Openarena is one of the few truly free and open source 3D shooters on relatively recent engine. It is also quite popular. Which ones are you comparing it too?

Rahul