Re: Games Spin status update

The spin I made this evening sort of worked. Unlike previously, X did
start. However the X display did not work. This may be due to a problem
with my monitor. I have a work around that normally works, but perhaps
didn't for some reason on the live dvd.

A new issue I missed is that something tries to run gnome-power-manager,
but gnome-power-manager didn't appear to be included.

So I need advice on how gdm (or some other dm) and gnome-power-manager
should get added to the spin. Is there a dependency missing, group
membership missing, should they be added to the live-base or games
kickstart files?

Otherwise dropping starfighter, vdrift and uqm seem to have solved the
space problem. Things are pretty tight so its possible changes in other
things could put the spin back over. Until I switch over to rawhide,
I will be spending time trying to raise the limit from 4GiB to 4.7GB.

In a week or so I will try playing with this in rawhide.