Re: SDL +lock keys patch?

On Tue, 2007-12-25 at 13:07 -0500, Warren Togami wrote:
> Mike Miscevic wrote:

> > Would you consider adding the attached patch which permits CAPSLOCK and
> > NUMLOCK keys to behave like normal keys? SDL's position I believe is to
> > reduce behavior of those keys as per their cross-platform desires.
> > However, in many x86 video games it is desirable (and by default in
> > certain cases) to use CAPSLOCK key like any other. Native linux (retail)
> > game such as Enemy Territory: Quake Wars and other idsoftware technology
> > based titles are such games.

> Let's see if our Games SIG agrees upon it.

Sounds good to me, I usually map Caps Lock to "reload" since its right
next to WASD. Though I don't think I've actually run into this problem,
as yes John Carmack has a severe case of NIH syndrome and does not use
SDL, and I usually remap Caps Lock to Control...

What platforms is this a problem on, anyway? The only one I know of is
Macintosh ADB keyboards, and how relevant are those anymore. Did this
patch ever get merged anywhere?

http://lists.debian.org/debian-powerpc/2005/12/msg00214.html

Doing some googling, it seems the problem is actually some "obscure" X11
implementations, which is not something that really affects Fedora...