Re: Games Spin Update

Bruno Wolff III wrote:
On Mon, Dec 24, 2007 at 10:57:40 +0530,
  Rahul Sundaram <sundaram@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Bruno Wolff III wrote:
I also noted that uqm is now on the list and I won't need to add it manually
(assuming it pulls in the optional parts).
It won't pull in the optional packages, uqm-content-3domusic and
uqm-content-voice. I can add them manually to the kickstart file if it improves the game experience considerably. Both these packages combined occupy around 125 MB in the repository.

I'd recommend adding uqm-content-voice. That way when you talk to beings,
you get an audio of what they are saying as when as the displayed text.
The voices actually add some nice color to the game. uqm-content-3domusic
isn't really a big deal since that is just alternate music. If space is
a concern that can be dropped without too much effect.

uqm-content-voice is over 100 MB. I am adding to the kickstart file for now. If space becomes a problem, we might have to reconsider this. I have been talking to rel-eng already and they feel that me or the games SIG should be able to vouch for the quality of the release. I will do a local spin with the changes and test it and we will probably do a initial beta release, publish a test matrix and then get some feedback before doing a general respin update. Stay tuned.

Rahul