Re: Making sure all games are in comps

Christopher Stone wrote:
On Nov 28, 2007 3:14 AM, Hans de Goede <j.w.r.degoede@xxxxxx> wrote:
Nicu Buculei wrote:
Hans de Goede wrote:
I've put a blacklist in the script to avoid what I believe are false
positives. Mainly things like level editors and servers, which do not
belong in the comps games group IMHO, maybe we need a game-utilities
group?
Things like editors may be a lot of fun too so they are important, they
deserve at least a "utilities" group.

Agreed, care to open a discussion about this on the development-list? Or does
anyone know of an official procedure for getting groups added to comps?

I would probably just go ahead and edit it, and then announce the
change on fedora-devel-list.  I don't think there is any harm in just
making the change now, if someone disagrees you can always just change
it back.

I'm not that sure about this being the right thing to do, one could argue that there are so few editors that those could be added to the Games group itself, as for other things like foo-selinux, well if you need that you better know how to use cmdline yum, the same goes for standalone (iow console) servers.

Regards,

Hans