Re: Fedora 8 Games Spin (Live DVD)

> Bob wrote:
>
> > I was thinking about trying the F8 Games Spin.  I do already have an F8
> > fresh install on a machine but I was thinking of doing an F8 Games Spin
> > install for the kids.  My son is really into BZFlag and I noticed it was
> > one of the games that comes installed.  My concern though is that I have
> > BZFlag installed (From Fedora repository) on F8 already and it has some
> > issues.  First, sound does not work and second it completely locks the
> > machine up when you exit the game.  I really want to try the Games Spin
> > but I wanted to make sure I won't run into these same issues???
>
> There is no difference between what is included in the games spin and
> what is included in the repository. If there are any problems, do report
> them to http://bugzilla.redhat.com.
>
> All I can say is that sound seems to work fine for me.
>
> Rahul

Rahul,

Thanks, I will definitely do a report on Bugzilla about the issues.  I
have a big exam today in my C programming class and between work and
studying I just haven't had time to investigate the issues.  I need to
poke around the logs and see if I can find anything that might be a
clue...

Thanks

Bob