Re: games spin

Rahul Sundaram wrote:
Hans de Goede wrote:

Do we want to put autodownloader using games on the spin? Sofar I deliberately didn't put any on there.

Is there any reason not to? I can see some reasons why but I would like to hear your thoughts on that. One reason why I think we should do that is because it is useful to demo some of the nice games in Linux. As far as licensing is concerned, IMO gaming content restrictions can be a bit more than gaming engines due to the artistic values in the former though I definitely prefer less restrictions.

In most conferences these days, they have bandwidth that pulling in game content just before the demo is not a problem and doing such a demo for a upcoming local FOSS conference is of one my main motivations behind working on this. Btw, I haven't include the regular GNOME games packages in the kickstart file. Do we want to do that?

Erm,

I just think it looks silly to ask people to download some 75 Mb's (to RAM!) after they have just downloaded 3 Gb worth of DVD.

What do the others think? Wart? Chris(topher) ?

Regards,

Hans