Re: games spin

Hans de Goede wrote:
Rahul Sundaram wrote:
Hi

Did you manage to find time to try out $subject? I wanted to push this in time for test 3.

I've finally mangaed to find the time (and diskspace, empty dvd, etc) to give the kickstart file in the wiki a try. I had to add a "part / --size 7000" line to make the root partition big enough and fix a typo in a game name, other then that it works fine. And its "only" 3.2 Gb, so we've still got room for more games!

So do we want to add some kde games, I personally like taxipilot and ksirk, as small simple games, but they will add 56 Mb worth of kdelibs.

Sure. We can adjust some packages. I personally think first person shooters tend to attract a lot more attention. If we can do you did with Quake 3 with other games which have open engines but restricted content, we should be to accommodate a bit more games that otherwise can't be included.

Btw, I wrote to American Army folks a few days back about the possibility of opening up code. A shot in the dark though let's see.

Anyways, I say send the .ks file as its now on the wiki to rel-eng for test3 inclusion!

Thanks for testing this. CC'ing Release Engineering. Kickstart file available at http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SIGs/Games/GamesLive. I have noted that Jeremy wanted us to inherit the desktop configuration which I will look into shortly.

Rahul