Re: Notes on games spin

Nicu Buculei wrote:
Rahul Sundaram wrote:
Nicu Buculei wrote:
A derivative looking so different compared with the main distro as http://ubuntustudio.org/screenshots is something personally I am not interested working on.

Maybe not to such extend but would you be interested in working on a games flavor of infinity theme instead? I don't have much of an idea how that would look like though. I have seen games related websites looks dark and have contrasting colors and you have a taste for that. A basic desktop background and maybe a slightly different GDM theme can make quite a difference.

My current vision (it may change easily) is something like this: I believe everyone know the "Tux with Quake rocket launcher" image, is very common on the web - http://img.hexus.net/v2/features/linuxgaming/penguincomputing.jpg

I would like to have a general mascot for Fedora (we have quite a few proposals, but no one emerged) and a derivative of this for Fedora Games, just in the style of "Tux with Quake rocket launcher" so the graphics for the games spin could be like the default graphics with that personalized mascot added in a meaningful way.

A mascot is something I find desirable too if only to get the freedom to be creative with variants more than the Fedora logo but I was looking for something that can be done for test 3 or atleast the general release of Fedora 8 and the mascot is unlikely to be decided by then.

Rahul