autogen is misconfigured

[test resend]

Quote one of my "clients":
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am running a software package that depends on autogen.
> > This package has an #include <options.h>.
> > But compiling this package on fc6 failed, because the
> > rpm on fc6-extras does not seem to include an options.h
> >
> > Now I haven't used autogen for more than a year.
> > Is options.h obsolete, or superseded by something else?
> > Or is the packager wrong? If so, I'll file a bug report.
> >
> > Thanks
> > Ron

My reply was:

> > Hi Ron,
> >
> > You are correct.  There are _two_ files missing:
> > viz.,

There are four problems:  The two missing headers
and the two misnamed executables.  The effect is to
render all the installed /usr/share/autogen data files
useless and the documentation useless to boot.  If your
goal is to strip it down  to the minimum necessary to be
able to rebuild the C compiler, then please do not call
your thing the "autogen" package, because it is not.

Thank you - Bruce