Re: Tremulous problem

Le lundi 19 février 2007 à 09:43 +0100, Hans de Goede a écrit :
> Tanguy Eric wrote:
> > I just tried to install tremulous via yum and when i run it i obtain a
> > black screen.
>
> Next time please don't send a mail like this to both the list and my
> private mail, I first read my private mail, thus you got a private
> response, now here is the same response again for those reading the
> list. Even better would be to use bugzilla for things like this.

Sorry.

> --- original reply ---
>
>  > Here is what i can see in a console :
>  >

> Thats useless as the problem seen here is caused by you running it from
> a console instead of from X.

I don't understand why you find this useless. I have a problem : when i
run the game from X, i obtain a black screen. I can hear the sound. So i
guess the game plays fine except i have nothing at screen. I kill the
game from a console and i see my desktop in very low resolution. So i
tried to launch it from a console to see the messages ...

> Could you try the official tremulous binaries from the tremulous
> homepage, and if those give a black screen too try contacting the
> tremulous developers directly?

I tried the official package without any success. I have the same
problem with similar games (alienarena, cube, ...) but i can play with
doom and freedoom without any problem.

> Regards,

Regards
Eric