Re: Could a little help getting started...

On 12/10/06, Chris Mohler <cr33dog@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Is it required to name this package "python-fontypython"?  The files
install in <path to python>/site-packages/fontypython, which I assume
makes it a python module...  OTOH, it already has 'python' in the name
- is that sufficient?

Yes it is sufficient, as stated in
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/NamingGuidelines
<quote>
There is an exception to this rule. If the upstream source has "py"
(or "Py") in its name, you can use that name for the package. So, for
example, pygtk is acceptable.
</quote>

Also, the program recently acquired a full GUI, yet the author has
left it to be run from the CLI.  Do I need to create/install a
.desktop file?

Yes you need to include a .desktop file as stated in the Desktop Files
section of
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/Guidelines

-jef