Re: Could a little help getting started...

On Thu, 2006-12-07 at 22:09 -0600, Chris Mohler wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I've been working on building RPMs for an app called 'FontyPython'.
> It's a font manager - basically it makes symlinks of TTF files into
> ~/fonts, allowing you to turn on and off "sets" of fonts.  Useful for
> graphics work (and when you maintain thousands of fonts).'
>
> FP is a python package, installed typically via 'python setup.py
> install'.  I ran 'python setup.py bdist_rpm' to create the RPM and
> SRPM, and 'python setup.py bdist_rpm --spec-only' to generate the
> specfile - all of which is available here:
> http://cr33.is-a-geek.com/RPMS/
>
> I know that since this is a gui app, I need to include a .desktop
> file, but aside from that I'd appreciate some feedback on what else I
> need to do to make this ready for FE.
>
> Or should I go ahead and start the review process, even though the
> RPM's not ready?

Don't submit the RPM generated by bdist_rpm for review.  Instead install
rpmdevtools from Extras and run this command:

fedora-newrpmspec -t python FontyPython

This will create a spec file that will start out much much closer to the
packaging guidelines.

Jeff