Re: Maintenance policy for older releases

Nicolas Mailhot schrieb:
> Le jeudi 09 novembre 2006 à 11:52 -0500, Michel Salim a écrit :
> [...]
> Also, 100% syncing would basically mean
> everyone is running rawhide.

Exactly. That's why I normally build my packages for devel first and
some days later for FC(current), and normally not for FC(current-1) as I
assume that those that still run FC(current-1) are more interested in
running stable packages.

> For those reasons I personally feel we'll move to a release model closer
> to Core for Extras once [...]

...once they merge, and that's currently the rough plan that exactly
that might happen by FC7. By then we also probably should use the same
tools for pushing updates out (and security notices, too). And a
updates-testing either for the whole Fedora Package Universe, or
nowhere. And similar rules for Updates in the whole Fedora Package
Universe.

Much to think about/discuss and implement.

CU
thl