Re: Maintenance policy for older releases

On Thursday 09 November 2006 11:30, Gérard Milmeister wrote:
> Related to this, I noticed that many new packages are built for
> development only, and not for FC-6, let alone FC-5. I think that
> new packages should be built at least for FC-6, unless, of course,
> there are dependency issues, such as the package depending on a newer
> package from Core. Another way to look at it is this: if a new package
> is in FC-6 (and FC-5), bugs are spotted much sooner.

However, FC-6 and FC-5 are not your beta testers.  Development is the place to
test things, users of development are used to or at least expect breakage.
Just lobbing packages over the wall to stable releases is just pissing on the
users.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora