Re: Free enough for FE

Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
Le mercredi 01 novembre 2006 à 11:45 -0600, Rex Dieter a écrit :
Kevin Kofler wrote:

Hans de Goede <j.w.r.degoede@...> writes:
The only real distribution restriction is: "You may not charge a fee for
the
game
itself. This includes reselling the game as an individual item."
IMHO, this is essentially the same as the Bitstream Vera license.
"The Font Software may be sold as part of a larger software package but no
copy of one or more of the Font Software typefaces may be sold by itself."
(from /usr/share/doc/dejavu-lgc-fonts-2.10/LICENSE)
That was the only cause that raised my eyebrow, but what's good for the
goose (bitstream-vera) is good for the gander (here).

I Vera's case Bitstream clarified they consider the rpm itself a "larger
software package". So I'm not sure at all the precedent applies

(you should probably just add a R to something else so your rpm is never
installable standalone)

I will it will require scummvm, which in turn will require several
libs.

So if I'm reading this correct then there are no objections?

I'll let this thread "run" for a couple of more days and if there are still no objections then, then I'll start working on a package.

Regards,

Hans