Splitting an existing package

Hi.

I maintain audacious in FE, a media player. Upstream has decided
(with the latest release) to split audacious into two packages,
one containing the player and one containing the plugins. I'd like
to follow this split.

So, I'd basically like to get a tree in CVS to put the plugins in,
and somehow I do not think this requires a whole new review, since
it is the same code as before, just laid out differently.

How do I go about this?