Re: Policy RFC: When to touch other peoples packages (or: Fix stuff that needs fixing)

On 10/23/06, Thorsten Leemhuis <fedora@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi all!

we had some discussion one or two weeks ago (and some others earlier)
when touching other peoples packages in CVS might is okay in Fedora
Extras. FESCo worked on a policy for that. Here it is (directly from the
wiki at
http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras/Schedule/FixStuffThatNeedsFixing
), please comment:

I like :)

I think there should be a brief passage on what is acceptable to
change when conducting a maintainer-bypass, however...  e.g. "as much
as is necessary to fix the problem, and no more." e.g. just because my
package foo has a security flaw and I've been off repairing the fedora
orbital laser platform doesn't mean that person X should fix it _and_
change all my %{buildroot}s to $RPM_BUILD_ROOT.

(Though, frankly, if I have access to the FOLP I suspect they're going
to be very careful.)

               -Chris

--
Chris Weyl