Re: Dear Fesco: Orphan package process needs work

Ville Skyttä wrote:
On Wed, 2006-10-04 at 14:58 -0400, Christopher Aillon wrote:

If a package doesn't get a fair chance to be picked up before dropped,
I'd say that's broken.

While dropping [0] may be a bit rough, personally I think it worked well
as a trigger for someone to actually step up in the NetworkManager-vpnc
case.

We had people ready to step up beforehand. I had volunteered, and perhaps others. But david said he had it, so it was left alone.

[0] Even when defined and occurred as "removing only the rpm files from
the development repository according to the plan announced well
beforehand and separately warned about several times on two lists before
it actually took place".

There was fair warning, but nothing anyone can do if the owner is holding a package hostage. David, the owner, said he would do it, and didn't. And then it was dropped. That's broken.