Re: linking statically against dietlibc: a blocker?

Ralf Corsepius wrote:

I don't consider it to be my task to denunciate your colleagues in
public. It's RH's management's job to monitor their employees and to
take appropriate measures to improve overall quality of the product and
coordination of work with people outside of RH. All I am doing is
expressing my opinion and it's redhat's freedom to ignore it, or to find
channels to communicate this to the appropriate "switches".

Unless you state your problems clearly there is no way anything is going to be fixed. So again, do you have problems with maintainers closing bugs or do you have problems with non maintainers closing bugs? Point out specific bugzilla reports and people can deal with them.

If Red Hat maintainers are closing bug reports when they shouldnt, fedorabugs group has nothing to do with it and removing people off that group wont solve the problem.
fedorabugs and bugzilla are implementation details. To put this on
another level, what I am actually saying is: I question their current
usage and implementation in their usability and effectiveness.

Your claim incorrectly that only Red Hat maintainers can close bugs in Fedora Core. The particular bug report was not closed either. When I pointed out that non maintainers can close bug reports, you said that fedorabugs practice should be reconsidered. If maintainers are closing bugs, reconsidering the practice of fedorabugs group is going to make zero differences to that. Painting broad strokes wont help anyone.

Rahul